Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE TASTE-OFF: SACHER TORTE (CAFE SACHER VS. CAFE DEMEL)

The legendary Sacher Torte.  I had a disappointing experience with it in Salzburg, but was determined to like it, so a taste-off was had between Cafe Sacher and Cafe Demel.  

The winner: Cafe Demel.

However, don't get your hopes up.  Cafe Demel edged out Cafe Sacher because the mini Sacher Tortes were aesthetically more pleasing and the cake was a touch less dry.  Even after trying it at both locations that claimed to have invented it though, I'm sad to say I'm not a fan.  And this is coming from a chocolate and dessert maniac.  I was rooting for it with all my might, but somehow, a chocolate cake with jam filling covered in chocolate just didn't work. However, it's still a must try.  Maybe you'll have a better experience than me!

Sacher Torte taste-off between Cafe Sacher and Cafe Demel

No comments: